Year 3 and 4 Class
Welcome to Year 3 and 4 Class!
Your teacher will very soon be filling this page with exciting class news, pictures of things we’ve done and more.
Do you have any ideas for this page? Why not let your Teacher know!
Keystage 2 - Years 3 and 4
The Eagles Class
Year 3/4 pupils are taught a wide variety of subjects from the New Curriculum and are assessed throughout the year against milestone 2. Throughout lower key stage 2 they will be assessed using a basic, advancing or deep understanding of their learning, using the milestone criteria.
What subjects do we cover?
• English: Writing, Reading and Communication
• Mathematics: To know and use numbers, multiplication and division, fractions, properties of shape, position, direction and movement, measures, statistics and algebra
• Science: working scientifically, biology, chemistry and physics
• Art and Design Technology
• Physical Education
• Religious Education
• Personal development and Citizenship, including our school Christian Values.
• MFL- French
Although there are all these discrete subjects, many are taught through a themed approach through a range of exciting topics and themes throughout the school year. In the Eagles Class, our Christian school values are deeply embedded and every day we discuss our belief of the day which links to our focused Christian value for the half term.