Welcome to our Year 3 page
Learning at Home
This is a support for pupil learning where they are having to self-isolate, yet are themselves well enough to work and learn from home. If you have difficulty in accessing this, please contact the school office so we are able to download for you some of the resources at an appropriate time if your child is in the situation of having to self-isolate.
Reading – Oak Academy
Writing – Oak Academy
Spellings – the weekly spellings will be placed on the website as usual
Grammar and punctuation – Oak Academy
White Rose link –
TT RockStars link –
Science 1 Forces and Magnets-
History and Geography –Anglo-Saxons
Children will need to log in with the password given via parent mail.
Welcome to the Year 3 class page. We hope you find this page informative and interesting. Over time, we will be adding more about our class and the things we do. We shall post spelling lists and other key information.
Keystage 2 - Year 3 Curriculum
Year 3 pupils are taught a wide variety of subjects from the New Curriculum and are assessed throughout the year against milestone 2. Throughout lower key stage 2 they will be assessed using a basic, advancing or deep understanding of their learning, using the milestone criteria.
What subjects do we cover?
• English: Writing, Reading and Communication
• Mathematics: To know and use numbers, multiplication and division, fractions, properties of shape, position, direction and movement, measures, statistics and algebra
• Science: working scientifically, biology, chemistry and physics
• Art and Design Technology
• Physical Education
• Religious Education
• Personal development and Citizenship, including our school Christian Values.
• MFL- French
Although there are all these discrete subjects, many are taught through a themed approach through a range of exciting topics and themes throughout the school year. In the Year 3 Class, our Christian school values are deeply embedded and every day we discuss our belief of the day which links to our focused Christian value for the half term.
Key Class information, including homework
- The children can change their reading books first thing in the morning
- Please send in a PE kit on a Monday and we will send it home every Friday for washing
- Spelling Test – Monday (Results sent home on Monday in Home School Record Book)
- Multiplication/Division tests – Thursday (Results sent home the following Monday in Home School Record Book)
- Reading Homework – please read with your child at least 3 times a week (Checked every Monday)
- KIRFs – Key Instant Recall Facts (See below for more details)
- Key words - some children may still be learning to read the 300 key words, these will be checked every Friday (new lists will be sent home on a Friday)
KIRFs - Key Instant Recall Facts are designed to support the development of the mental skills that underpin much of the mathematics work in school. They are particularly useful when calculating, be it adding, subtracting, multiplying or dividing. Each half term, children will be assessed in their year group's KIRF.