Your teacher will very soon be filling this page with exciting class news, pictures of things we’ve done and more.
Do you have any ideas for this page? Why not let your Teacher know!
Upper Keystage 2 - Year 6
The children in our Year 6 class are taught a wide variety of subjects and topics from the National Curriculum. They are assessed using Milestone 3 which assesses their understanding of the topics taught. Throughout upper key stage 2 they will be assessed using a basic, advancing or deep understanding of their learning, using the milestone criteria.
Year 6 pupils will also be formally assessed in May with their end of key stage- Secondary ready tests. They will be assessed by the teacher using the interim standards provided by the government.
What subjects do we cover?
• English: Writing, Reading and Communication
• Mathematics: To know and use numbers, Multiplication and division, fractions, properties of shape, position, direction and movement, measures, statistics and algebra
• Science: working scientifically, biology, chemistry and physics
• Art and Design Technology
• Physical Education
• Religious Education
• Personal development and Citizenship, including our school Christian values
• MFL- French
Although subjects are considered discrete we teach as much of the curriculum as possible through themes and topics throughout the year.
We focus on our school Christian values throughout Year 5 and 6 and develop the children’s roles within school through giving them jobs to do, rewarding Year 6 children with Zoodie stripes for their achievements and developing restorative leading skills.